Family Impact Restoration Ministries (F.I.R.M.) is a non-profit (501(c) 3) community organization that empowers families toward pursuing their purpose and enjoying life by instilling hope, belief, trust and commitment to sound biblical principles with emphasis on personal integrity, responsibility, ethics, self-reliance, family values, and helping others to succeed.
F.I.R.M. endeavors to counter the decay of the family unit by offering services that help build and strengthen the family. Many family issues may increase due to the rapid growth of Gwinnett County.
These issues must be kept in check before they get out of hand. Therefore, the mission of Family Impact Restoration Ministries is to provide an educational and training resource center for families in Gwinnett County to empower them with the tools they need to succeed. This community center may help eliminate many, if not all, of the negative issues mentioned above.
F.I.R.M.’s objective is to provide the following:
- Job readiness: Help people who are unemployed or underemployed to become better prepared and equipped with the job readiness skills needed to obtain employment.
- Parenting: Parent education training and support – the goal is to strengthen the parent and child bond, reduce social isolation, build trust, help parents identify their children’s needs, ways to respond to those needs and appropriate discipline.
- Adult Basic Education: The following classes will be provided for adults (18 and up): Financial Literacy, General Education Development, how to use Microsoft Office and English as Second Language.
- After school Programs: The following classes will be provided for children and youth (6 – 17): Tutoring, The Detour Program, Leadership including STEM, Project-based Learning, and Design Thinking. Recreational activities will be provided such as Wii, sports, board games, pool, ping pong etc. Separate classes will also be available in multimedia and technology.
- Social Justice Awareness: Provide training and awareness workshops on the issues of commercial sexual exploitation, human trafficking and other issues that affect our community.
- Christian Education: SALT (Singles Applying the Lord’s Truth) Bible Study and The Intimacies of Marriage Bible Study.
- Support Groups: Parenting, overcoming addictions, Men or Fathers, and grief,
This is a huge undertaking, but we believe it is necessary in order to keep our community great. Don’t you agree?
Please leave your comments below.
In addition, your financial support is always welcome. As you can imagine, it’s going to take a lot of funds for this center to work properly. So anything you can give is appreciated. Just click on the donate button above on the right and give any amount you want.
Also, make sure you get on F.I.R.M.’s email list for upcoming events and valuable information to assist you and your household toward your success.